Sunday, July 12, 2009

Alaska Trip Epilogue


Alaska Trip Epilogue

This was my third trip to Alaska and Rick's second trip. After five trips between us, we were still awed by the beauty of the rivers, streams, mountains, wildlife, and the plant life we found in the alpine tundra, rain forest, coastal mud flats and muskegs. I will give serious consideration to a fourth trip, especially, to spend more time at Thompson Pass in mid July.
I started this blog with a photo of Rick and I at the Clayton Hotel in Rabun County, showing a geek type college professor and a young long haired hippie that looked like a young Moses. The student teacher relationship will probably never change but after being with Rick for two weeks it became obvious that this was not the young kid in the rocking chair at that hotel, instead this was Rick the man. I must say, it was the actions of the young man that provided me with positive memories to seek out the man. Thanks Rick.

3 comments:

  1. George and Rick, I have really enjoyed following along with your blog and learning more about AK native plants! I feel very inspired to learn more and to paint some of these fantastic AK wildlfowers! Maybe a field of cotton grass is in my future..
    I look foward to future blogs about your adventures! Thanks for sharing this with us all! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing and hearing more of your documentary from this trip. I have only been to Alaska one time and that was enough to fill my memory bank with enough special episodes, that I will treasure them forever. I can only imagine what the collective memories from five trips must hold. We'll be waiting for news of your next Alaska sojourn. But I know many of your followers will enjoy (vicariously), more of this one first, as you two regale us with your exploits, in words and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, you're still just a pair of kids. Loved the trip and thanks for the photos.

    ReplyDelete